Tuesday, January 6, 2009

SONshine through the Clouds: Even in the Midst of Looming Darkness, New Options and Opportunities Arise


Even in the midst of the darkness, new opportunities have arisen -- which have little to do with Southwest Baptist University, the Missouri Baptist Convention or First Baptist Church of Bolivar.

As Marie reported to some friends:

"If were forced to depend on Baptists (or even Christians) alone, I do not know that I would have survived for long.

Instead, as one who strives to follow Christ Jesus, I have learned to depend on the Spirit, who is faithful always -- even when those who call themselves by His name are not faithful.

Since I only have several classes more to complete a degree, I had wanted to honor my father's dying wish and finish school at a Christian university. Apparently, that is not to be at Southwest Baptist University. God has, though, provided other options and other opportunities.

In Truth, after all that I have experienced at their hands, I am no longer even sure that Southwest Baptist University qualifies as a Christian university.

Though I deeply grieve the losses, nonetheless, I am jubilant that the Son (like the sun) finds a way to shine through the darkness."

Details to follow ...